Join us for the 2nd annual
T1D Fun in The Sun Weekend!
Sun Valley, Idaho
June 8th – 10th, 2018!
To receive updates on this one-of-a-kind event, go to ‘home’ above, and sign up for the free gift. (Just click on ‘home’ above and you’ll see the sign-up box on the right.) This will add you to my email list.
If you already know you want to join, just send me a message via the ‘contact’ tab!
We would love to have you! – Dr. Jody
Here are the details of this one-of-a-kind event:
Welcome! Come enjoy a fabulous weekend shared with others just like you…amazing people with T1D from all over the country! Friends and family are encouraged to join!
Why should you come to this fantastic weekend event? Just look at that photo above…wouldn’t you love to be there?! Well that is exactly where you’ll be during this event! (I took that photo on one of the hikes you will have the option of doing.) Of course, also because gathering with a group of people who share the same experience of living with type 1 will likely be a very nourishing experience for you.
This is not a boring conference. It’s going to be a phenomenally fun weekend! Imagine a fantastic vacation with amazing people with Type 1! Together we will explore the beautiful outdoors, via hiking and/or scenic walking, as well as eating and cooking together. During the cooking classes, you’ll enjoy preparing and tasting a wide array of delicious low-carb recipes for you to use when you go back home.
Check out all these great benefits to you!
- Connect with others who truly understand your life with T1D
- Learn life-changing tips for how to keep your blood sugar balanced while exercising
- Exercise outdoors in some of the most beautiful scenery you’ve ever seen!
- Get your hands dirty and have a blast during our delicious, low-carb cooking classes
- Gain great new healthy meal ideas and recipes to enjoy once you return home
- Put diabetes burnout behind you as you return home feel empowered and inspired!
- Be inspired by learning secret blood sugar balancing tips you might have never learned before
- Make new T1D friends that you’ll be able to stay in touch with via our Facebook page once you return home!
The entire event will be hosted by me, Dr. Jody Stanislaw, Certified Diabetes Educator and T1D since I was seven years old. (That’s 37 years, but who’s counting?!) I will be sharing many of my secrets for how I’ve kept my A1c between 5.5% – 6.2% for the past 10 years. We will also have the pleasure of hearing from my dear friend and T1D mentor, Dr. Mona Morstein, (formulator of Diamend, the only diabetes supplement I recommend to all of my patients). Throughout the weekend, you will learn many of my top insights for how to achieve excellent blood sugar control, many that perhaps you’ve never even heard before.
I hope to meet you in person in Sun Valley, Idaho, June 8th – 10th!
WHEN: Friday, June 8th – 10th, 2018. I encourage you to come early and/or stay late to take advantage of the absolute beauty in this area! Friends and family are welcome too! It would be great to have at least one of your biggest supporters join so they can be on the same page with you once you return home. Besides, this area is one of the top destination resort towns in the country! It’s pretty hard not to have a fabulous time here. You can read more about this gorgeous area by clicking here.
- Delicious Healthy, Low-carb Dinner & Welcome Event, 6-9pm, held at 280 Northwood Way, 83340
- Outdoor group activities 10am – 2pm (scenic walk or hiking)
- A delightfully fun, hands-on, healthy, low-carb cooking class, after lunch
- Low-Carb, freshly prepared dinner + time for socializing
- Outdoor group activities 10am – 12pm (scenic walk or hiking)
- Lunch – delicious and low-carb, freshly prepared
- Group discussions on various T1D topics in the afternoon
- Dinner + evening socializing…until whenever you’re ready for bed!
*Average temps in June are high of 70F and low of 40F. You can expect daytime to be in the 60’s, and we generally have lots of sunshine!
*Our meeting space for the entire weekend will be at the north end of the town of Ketchum, at 280 Northwood Way, Ketchum, Idaho 83340.
TRAVEL: Drive into Sun Valley, Idaho, zip 83340. OR fly into Boise, Idaho…and then rent a car for the 2.5hr drive to Sun Vally. OR, there is a small airport in Sun Valley, Idaho that you could fly into as well. The town is small enough that you don’t really need a car once you are here, although it would come in handy if you want to do your own thing (yet the city buses are free and run all the time too).
- Friday night dinner and welcome party
- Saturday’s healthy and delicious lunch and dinner
- Sunday’s healthy and delicious lunch and dinner
- Tasty low carb snacks and desserts!
- *(all meals will be whole/real food (nothing processed), low carb, and delicious!)
- Saturday + Sunday daytime, outdoor activity
- Saturday + Sunday cooking classes
The cost for this one-of-a-kind weekend is just $450.
I want you to have the opportunity to stay where you’d like so lodging will be up to you. Options listed below include everything from camping to Five Star hotels.
WHERE TO STAY: Lots of options! (in order from higher cost to lower)
**The Sun Valley Resort, first-class resort; has it’s own mini town around it; 20 min walk to center of town
**The Limelight Hotel (brand new, very hip, right on southern edge of town)
**The Knob Hill Inn (quaint and fancy, right on northern edge of town)
**Kentwood Lodge (right in the middle of town; an upgraded Best Western)
**Tamarack Lodge (right in the middle of town)
**Tyrolean Lodge/Best Western (probably least expensive option)
** www.AIRBNB.com (rentals by owners) –> good areas are Ketchum, Warm Springs, River Run, Elkorn, Sun Valley; Hailey will be 20-30 min drive away; Bellevue will be 30+ min drive away
** www.VRBO.com (vacation rentals by owners)
**Plus lots of camp grounds near town!
If you need transportation over the weekend, that will be available for a small, extra fee. Yet the city buses are free, convenient, and run often. (And by the way, the center of town only has 3 stop lights, so it’s pretty easy to even walk everywhere!)
HOW TO REGISTER: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is the first of it’s kind…a time to gather and feel empowered while having a blast with other people living with type 1 diabetes. My goal is that you go home smiling more than you have in ages!
See you in Sun Valley, June 8th – 10th, 2018!
Dr. Jody Stanislaw
Dr. Jody Stanislaw has helped hundreds of people with diabetes live HAPPIER and HEALTHIER lives. She has a virtual practice so you can work with Dr. Jody, no matter where you live. Take a look at the extraordinary results her patients have experienced. You could be next.
Sign-up here to receive a
Complimentary Phone Consult
to learn more.